What are the main problems with Ford Explorer?
- Transmission Failure. Solution.
- Timing Chain Failures. Solution.
- Water Pump Leaks. Solution.
- Loss of Power Steering. Solution.
- All-Wheel Drive PTU Failure. Solution.
- Water Leaks. Solution.
- Hood Paint Issues. Solution.
- Door Panel Bubble.
Is Ford Explorer a reliable car?
We expect the 2022 Explorer will be much less reliable than the average new car. This prediction is based on data from 2020 and 2021 models. Select the used car model year to see reported issues with those similar past models.
What year is the most reliable Explorer?
Model years like 2010 and 2011 are considered to be the most reliable used Ford Explorers, while model years 2003 and 2005 may be best avoided. Since its debut in 1991, the Ford Explorer has become the best-selling SUV in America.