What do you wear under a toga party?
- Firstly, wear underwear and a t-shirt underneath – your friends will thank you for it later in the night.
- Then you will need a (non-fitted!)
- As for colour, white is certainly how we think of togas.
Is toga Greek or Roman?
The toga has its roots in garments worn by the Etruscans and the Greeks. The Greeks had worn a lengthy cloak called the himation, and the Etruscans, early inhabitants of the Italian peninsula, had adapted this into their tebenna. But the true toga was a Roman invention.
What is the best way to throw a toga party?
- Rent a Roman/Greek-style mansion.
- Or rent an authentic neo-classical mansion.
- Learn to make a toga from a bed sheet.
- Show a movie featuring ancient Rome.
- Play some fun Greco-Roman-inspired toga party games.
- Send out themed invitations.
- Wear a laurel wreath crown.
- Put up a toga party backdrop for photos.